Chinese Medicine Herbs & Acupuncture For Hydosalpinx
Helping others makes people delightful, not mention to bring a new life to the world. In the rapid paced world, many couples are facing fertility challenging problem. There are so many things involved in, Hydrosalpinx is one of them. I am sharing my clinic experience with infertility patients who have their fallopain tube blocked. The most impressive case is using acupuncture and herbal treatment for only 2 weeks, before ovulation, then the lucky lady got pregnant.
What is Hydrosalpinx?
Hydrosalpinx is a name of condition, that a fallopian tube that’s blocked with a watery fluid. This condition is typically caused by a previous pelvic or sexually transmitted infection.
Although some women don’t experience any symptoms, others may experience constant or frequent pain in the lower abdomen or unusual vaginal discharge.
In all cases, the condition can have an impact on your fertility.
To get pregnant, sperm must meet an egg. Around day 14 of a woman’s menstrual cycle, an egg is released from an ovary and begins its travels down to the uterus to the waiting sperm. If a tube or tubes are blocked, the egg can’t make the journey and pregnancy can’t occur.
If you have one fallopian tube that’s affected by hydrosalpinx and one that isn’t, pregnancy is technically possible. It isn’t without the potential for risks and complications, however，a damaged fallopian tube can leak fluid into the uterus during pregnancy.
What your OB will say
Doctors typically suggest having the affected tube removed or separating it from the uterus before trying IVF, that means, you have very high chance to lose the affect tube(s).
What's Chinese medicine & Acupuncture for Fertility?
- Hydrosalpinx means there is water structure in one or two of the tubes. No matter what causes the unexpected structure, it is blockage.
So, logically, as a Chinese medicine doctor, the first thing when I see Hydrosalpinx patient is to drainage the blockage. But, what the weapons I should use in the project. It very depends on how the blockage comes from.
We have two explanations of the reason of blockage:
Imagine female reproductive system as soil, no matter extreme cold or hot, it is not good for seeds to be implanted. That requires the soil has certain temperature with enough nutrient.
- Heat in uterus and fallopain tubes steams up body fluid into very sticky and unsmooth status. The concentrated structure got stuck in relatively narrow parts of tubes.
- Cold in uterus and fallopain tubes condenses body fluid into more solid status, which means less fluidity and can be damaged to tubes.
What can we do for the two pathogens in Chinese medicine herbal therapy and acupuncture.
- Heat syndrome: For most of the cases, heat syndrome is an excessive condition. Patients also have tender pain in their low abdomen and hydrocondirac area, tough abdomen and constipation. Right pulse will bounce heavily than left hand. If you are familiar with the bible TCM book ‘Treaties on Cold Disease‘ , that is a symptom of he formula Tao He Cheng Qi Tang. Never use moxibustion in this situation.
There are also other symptoms coming with heat, for example, yin deficient heat, blood deficient heat, etc.
02. Cold syndrome: cold in uterus and tubes usually comes from long-term habit of consuming cold food and drink. Patients also have cold cramps during regular period, frequent urine and soft stool. The basic herbal formula for this condition is Wen Jing Tang. The best way to treat by acupuncture is needles with moxibustion corn.
However, as a Chinese doctor, one thing have to be always alert is, there is other other thing accompanies with the main symptom. Also, cold and heat sometimes can occur at the same time due to the complication of human body.
Any thing confused you, please contact me. We a group of Chinese people serve medicine care to communities as Traditional Chinese Medicine Pratitioners in Downtown Toronto